We all know that getting more likes on social media helps your business sell more products, build your brands and reach out to the social community. The problem typically comes when you don’t make a concerted effort to go out and get those likes. Luckily, it’s surprisingly easy to get more likes on Facebook. Here are ten tips to get you started.
- Get More Active. If you only update your Facebook page once a week, chances are you’re not going to get many likes. Make it a point to post something every single day.
- Keep Quality Levels High. Whether you’re posting pictures or content, make sure the quality of your posts is very high.
- Start asking more. Include a line in your email signature advising people to like your page on Facebook to stay current. (Have employees do the same!) Once your customers know this is how you’re going to communicate with them, they’ll be much more likely to do it.
- Give them a reason to like you. Liking a page is all about being likeable. Think about your content and the value you’re giving before you post.
- Improve your profile. It’s hard to like a page that has no information on it. Make sure your Facebook page is graphically pleasing and full of content.
- Place a “like” button on every single blog post you do. Make it easy for people to like your content by including like buttons on your website and blog posts.
- Find the right balance. While you want to post regularly, you do need to walk a fine line and avoid posting too much. One or two posts a day is generally fine, any more than that and people tend to tune out.
- Start interacting more. Set your main profile as your business page and start getting social. The more you comment on and like other posts, the more people will want to check out your profile and like it.
- Change how you word things. Get personal on your profile and start using words like “me” and “I.” A recent study showed that posts with these words get more likes than third person style posts.
- Keep it positive. Who wants to like a negative post? What stands out about a neutral post? The answers are no one and nothing. If you want people to like your post, keep your tone positive and fun.
These ten tips will get you well on the way to getting more likes. Don’t forget to include photos in your content strategy on Facebook as well. Photos will generally get more likes than plain text posts.